Yummolicious Chocolate-y Goodness!
Chewy, crispy, caramel-y, chocolate-y goodness all wrapped up in one easy to make cookie!
Who could ever ask for more? You’d never know they contained no wheat or butter.
Always a hit, these chocolate chip cookies have the perfect crunch on the edges, a tender, chewy center, with a caramel-y tasting dough. And don’t forget the gooey melted chocolate throughout.
For one week a month, maybe even multiple times that week if you get my drift, this is my go-to cookie. Not one to really use recipes, I generally whip up 6 or so cookies in a jiffy whenever the urge arises. So figuring out the precise measurements for this recipe was what I’d call a labor of love, interrupted by moments of brain busting math and plain “WTF”ness!
Legit, it took me no less than 20 attempts to perfect this recipe! For two days, it was like the cookie factory up in here. The family certainly wasn’t complaining though!
My lesson: Sometimes you just have to get in the kitchen and experiment because no amount of research or prayer will get you the result you’re after.
I really wanted to use a flour mixture that you didn’t have to go through the trouble of mixing yourself, and that’s easy to find in stores and online. So I decided I’d use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour for this recipe and it worked great!
I think these cookies are best after the dough is chilled in the fridge for 2-3 hours before baking.
I can never wait that long for the first batch though. You probably won’t want to either!
So drum roll please as I present to you my labor of love.
P.S. If you make this, I’d love to hear from ya! Please leave a comment, rate it & share it. I’d love to see a pic of your masterpiece too. Just tag @natinclined and use the hashtag #naturallyinclined to share it with us on Instagram.
Easy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten, Dairy-free)No Reviews
These are little chocolate-y bits of heaven the whole family will love. It’s sure to hit the spot when the need for a chocolate treat hits. You can easily double the recipe, make balls and freeze for later. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- 3/4 c Vegan Margarine or softened Vegan Butter
- 2/3 c Organic natural sugar
- 1/3 c Coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c + 3 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. Aluminum-free baking soda
- 1 tsp. Aluminum-free, corn-free baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. Xanthum gum
- 1 1/2 c Dairy-free chocolate chips (I use the Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With a fork cream margarine or butter and sugars together in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add egg, yolk and vanilla and blend.
- Add the flour to the top of the wet mixture but do not mix.
- Sprinkle the sea salt, the baking soda, xanthum gum and baking powder evenly over the flour.
- With a fork, blend the dry ingredients together. Be careful not to pull up the wet ingredients from the bottom.
- Once the dry ingredients are blended, then we can mix the top dry ingredients with the bottom wet ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- For best results, cool the mixture in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Scoop out the dough, 2 flush tablespoons at a time and form a ball. Place on cookie sheet. *** I recommend using a non-stick baking mat.
- Place 6 cookies on a sheet and place in the oven.
- Cook for 10-13 minutes until the cookies are a little golden on the outside and appear not to be completely baked in the centre.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet/mat before removing and placing on a cooling rack.