Mama’s Magical Carrot Cake!
I don’t know about you, but I just freakin love carrot cake!
As desert, breakfast, heck, as the main course! I’m seriously not sure I could ever get tired of eating it!
That said, we don’t make it that often. It is desert after all! Perfectly sweet & rich deliciousness!
You wouldn’t want to eat it all the time, healthified or not! But, when I do eat it, I darn well enjoy it.
My ALL-time FAV carrot cake is my Mom’s.
I know EVERYONE says that but legit, I’m pretty sure it’s the best carrot cake recipe there is.
I’ve never tasted better, and I’ve tasted A LOT!
So when I went Gluten, Dairy and most-Grains free, I was determined to have my cake and eat it too!
I’m happy to say, I’ve succeeded beautifully if I do say so myself!
I’ve made my own version, which I lovingly refer to as Mama’s Magical Carrot Cake with Dreamy Vegan Orange “Cream Cheese » Icing.
It’s out of this world delicious! And not just for gluten, dairy and grain-free either.
You’d never know the difference.
So as a gift to you my lovely, here is my Super-Secret recipe that I usually reserve for my clients.
Also, HERE‘s a video of me cooking THIS cake LIVE if you want extra pointers or just to see how it’s done.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
And if you do try it, I’d love to hear from you. Just leave a comment below. 🙂
Mama’s Magical Carrot Cake (Gluten & Dairy-Free)No Reviews
This is my ALL-TIME favourite cake made gluten, grain and dairy-free. Perfectly moist, tangy, sweet and oh so satisfying! Paired with my Dreamy Vegan Orange “Cream Cheese” Icing it’s total heaven!
Get the recipe for my Dreamy Vegan Orange “Cream Cheese” Icing HERE.
- Prep Time: 35m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 1h 30m
- 2 c of All Purpose Gluten-free flour ( I recommend using Grain-free XO Baking Co All Purpose GF flour)
- 1 c Organic raw sugar
- 1 c Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. aluminum-free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 c Organic Canola oil, Sunflower oil or melted unrefined Coconut oil
- 1 c crushed pineapple (I use can crushed pineapples)
- 2 c grated carrots
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c chopped walnut (optional)
- 1/2 c raisins (optional)
- Dreamy Vegan Orange “Cream Cheese” Icing
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt and whisk to combine.
- On top of the dry ingredients, add the eggs, oil, pineapple, carrots, and vanilla.
- With a whisk, gently combine the wet ingredients only, careful not to disturb the dry ingredients below.
- Once combined, mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- In two greased 9 inch pans, pour mixture evenly.
- Place in oven, and bake for 23-27 until golden and dry when poked with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and let cool, about 10 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Place one of the cakes on a plate or cake stand, and top with a generous amount of my Dreamy Vegan Orange “Cream Cheese” Icing.
- Place second cake on top.
- Ice the whole cake and top with walnut bits and orange zest for decor.