Easy, delicious and uber versatile, this sauce is oh sooo good. The smell of it alone will have your neighbors poking through your front door asking: “ What’s that AMAZING smell?”. Seriously, it happens to me all the time.
Another great thing about this recipe is how easy it is to make. All you need to do is chop garlic or use a press. Cook until translucent. Throw in spices. And then add tomatoes and let it cook down until the consistency is just right. Easy Peasy. But it’ll taste like you spent hours making it!
The trick is to use stewed tomatoes. I recommend organic if you can get it. I mostly use Aylmer Accents Original tomatoes since it’s all that’s available where I live. Yes, there often is added sugar and salt. Things I normally try to avoid. Stewed tomatoes, though, offers so much more flavor than your regular canned tomatoes which means you save time. When you save time, it increases the likelihood you’ll actually cook something instead of ordering out! Right?! So though it includes some sugar and salt, it still means healthier if the alternative is pre-packaged foods or take-out!
When the sauce is ready, just toss it with your favorite pasta and top with our Creamy Vegan Parmesan. It’s my absolute favorite quick-to-make pasta!
This sauce can also be used as pizza sauce, just blend it first. It’s the sauce we use in our Best Pizza, Sauce & Cheese recipe.
Hope you enjoy!
P.S. If you make this, I’d love to hear from ya! Please leave a comment, rate it & share it. I’d love to see a pic of your masterpiece too. Just tag @natinclined and use the hashtag #naturallyinclined to share it with us on Instagram.
Easy Tomato Basil Pasta & Pizza Sauce (Vegan & Paleo)No Reviews
This is quick, easy and delicious pasta sauce is sure to please the please the pickiest of eaters! Just toss with pasta and a little Creamy Vegan Parmesan and voila!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 25m
- 3 Cans of stewed tomatoes (540 ml cans)
- 2 Bulbs of garlic peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Dried basil
- 1 Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt & Pepper to taste
- In a heated pan, I use my cast iron pan, add 1 tbsp. olive oil and then the garlic.
- Cook until translucent. (Tip: Don't let it brown because it gets bitter)
- Add the remaining olive oil, basil and red pepper flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and let simmer on medium-high, stirring occasionally, breaking up the tomato chunks with a fork. (Tip: The larger the circumference of the pan the quicker it will cook down.)
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the majority of the juice has evaporated and the sauce has a nice thick consistency.
- Add Pepper & Sea Salt to taste.
- Use as is or blended it with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Toss with pasta and top with our Creamy Vegan Parmesan.